24 July 2020
We have some more exciting news for our Aquatic & Fitness Centre customers. Aqua and Recovery Classes will be resuming in the 25m heated indoor pool from Monday 3 August 2020.
We are very excited to be resuming these classes and here is some key information in relation to how these will operate moving forward for the foreseeable future.
What can you expect
- We have prepared COVID Safety Plan to ensure the health and safety of staff, athletes and all members of the public.
- The 25m pool will have a maximum capacity of 100 people at any one time. We don’t anticipate that this limit will be reached, however staff will be monitoring numbers to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum capacity.
- Aqua classes will be capped at 30 people.
- Recovery classes will be capped at 12 people.
- There will be modified timetables to operate within these limits. Please check the Aqua classes and Recovery classes timetables. Please note that these timetables are subject to change at short notice.
- Bookings are essential. Please call reception on 6214 1281 to make a booking or email email@example.com.
- Cleaning across all spaces, change rooms and high touch points will be increased.
- There will be additional hand sanitisers for use by patrons.
- We will limit the sharing of equipment within classes.
- We will be maintaining a register of all patrons, including their first name and phone number along with the date and time they attended the Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
- For members, this will occur through swiping your membership card at Pool Reception.
- For casual patrons, there will be an online registration form which you can complete on your own device. This will be made available at the Pool Reception.
- We will be carefully managing the entry, exit and flow of patrons through the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, particularly in order to separate patrons from any high performance athlete activity on site.
- We will no longer be accepting cash as a form of payment.Payment can only be made via EFTPOS, debit card or credit card.
- We will continue to monitor the situation constantly and may suspend activity should there be a need to due to health and safety concerns.
While restrictions are easing, our collective responsibilities haven't. It is your responsibility to:
- maintain personal and respiratory hygiene, including regular hand washing; and
- stay home if you are unwell and get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
When coming to the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, you should:
- abide by the “get in, train, get out” principal and not gather in communal areas before or after activity;
- please leave the Aquatic & Fitness Centre quickly following your class;
- remember to bring your swimming cap and towel; and
- reduce contact with other people and try to main physical distancing of 1.5 metres from other people.
Help us return to sport and physical activity by downloading the COVIDSafe app.
Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends, and save the lives of other Australians.
When will other programs and activities at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre resume ?
We understand that our members and customers are keen to resume activity at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
While the campus has been closed, we have taken the opportunity to progress some improvement works in the Testing and Training Pool and Recovery Centre.
So as restrictions continue to be eased, we may still require some limitations on public activities until these works are completed and in order to comply with ACT Public Health Directions. We thank you for your ongoing understanding.
Further information on possible and phased resumption of public activity on the AIS campus can be found here.
We will endeavour to provide advanced notice of any resumption of public activity. If there are any changes to programs and activity at the AIS campus, this will be communicated via our website, as well as the Visit AIS, Aquatic & Fitness Centre and Track and Field Centre Facebook pages. Existing customers may also be contacted directly should any changes apply.