The Daily Training Environment (DTE) Video Optimisation Grant is designed to provide system and facility upgrades to National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) to maximise training outcomes via the Australian Sport Video System (ASVS) developed by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in partnership with Fulcrum Technology.
As part of the initiative, the AIS will provide a grant to NSOs to purchase Fulcrum hardware and software, edge devices and install system infrastructure and provide video machine learning analytics where possible. Applicants will be required to fully fund all ongoing cloud storage costs and annual software licence support.
Phase 1 applications will be accepted from eligible NSOs from 16 December 2020 - 31 March 2021.
Eligible NSOs are encouraged to develop an application for the DTE Video Optimisation Grant. Applications will only be accepted upon completion of the below:
- Contact Fulcrum Technology (http://fulcrumtec.com) and initiate a quotation for a specific DTE video system specific to their sport environment.
- Consider the implications and incremental value the technology may offer the NSO for performance outcomes across their athlete cohort.
- Consider the resources available within the sport that ensures the technology delivers a successful HP outcome. Resources may need to include technical staff, training staff, coaches and/or support staff with an active role in the project.
- Detail of the performance advantage that might be gained through the use of this proposed system.
- Assurance that the NSO / DTE is able to provide ongoing support for the use of the system.
- Inclusion of the Fulcrum Technologies quote to install cameras and other infrastructure.
- Detail of any proposed co-funding arrangements which would necessarily include cloud storage costs and annual software licence costs
To support applicants in better understanding the submission process, the AIS has prepared an assessment criteria that will be used to guide decision making by the Moderation Panel.
Refer to the GRANT GUIDELINES for further detail.
How to apply?
Please email submissions to AISInvestment@ausport.gov.au with the subject line “DTE Video Optimisation Grant”.
A confirmation email will be sent to you once your submission is received.
A panel of AIS and independent experts will moderate applications and make recommendations to the AIS Executive for approval. The Moderation Panel will convene in April/May 2021 to review all eligible applications.