Working across the Australian high performance (HP) system, Professional Networks lead and share approaches to best practice and quality assurance through an interdisciplinary approach.
Professional Networks has four key strategic areas of focus:
HIGH PERFORMANCE SYSTEM ENGAGEMENT
To build a united and collaborative HP system
- Maintain inter- and intra-disciplinary connection in the HP system
- Facilitate communication platforms, manage resources, articulate and share network connections and activity
- Facilitate discipline specific groups to provide advisory input to the Professional Networks strategy
- Provide advisory and consultancy services to National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and the National Institute Network (NIN)
- Support Games delivery partners.
To develop high performing people who contribute to podium success
- Partner with AIS Performance People and Teams in the delivery of development initiatives focusing on leadership, working in interdisciplinary teams, HP system awareness and technical capability
- Support end-to-end best practice strategic hiring practices
- Influence professional membership bodies.
To promote continual improvement and new ways of working
- Forecast and identify common themes in sport and the NIN
- Facilitate nationally scalable projects to promote better practice aligned with themes
- Contribute to the research agenda
- Promote idea generation from outside of the HP system
- Develop and communicate best practice delivery guidelines and frameworks
- Facilitate peer review consultancies on request.
QUALITY ASSURANCE (QA)
To promote confidence in delivery standards in the HP system
- Deliver a National Sports Science and Sports Medicine QA program (equipment, protocols and related competency)
- Promote equipment and protocol validity and reliability in the HP system
- Provide QA consultancy services.