To enable a more flexible and agile approach to providing performance focused support to sports, we are establishing a pool of experienced consultants to be considered for project work with the AIS and High Performance funded National Sporting Organisations (NSO’s) on aspects of the high performance plan lifecycle.
We are calling for expressions of interest from experienced operators and subject matter experts across a number of areas including:
- Sport management and administration
- Campaign planning
- Performance support (sport science, sport medicine, sport technical)
- Budgeting and financial management
- Strategic planning
- Operational planning
How will it work?
Projects may range from short one day engagements to several months’ long engagements for larger bodies of work. Some projects may be identified with short notice or quick turnaround times, as is the nature of high performance sport. The nature of the high-performance planning lifecycle largely dictates the need and with the Paris 2024 cycle investment and planning process and Winter and Commonwealth Games mid-cycle reviews in the coming year, we anticipate increased support requirements from NSO’s.
Remuneration for each body of work would be negotiated directly with the consultant and would be commensurate with the consultant’s level of expertise and scope of the work required.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in being considered for this type of work, then please submit via email the following:
- Your CV and/or professional background information;
- An outline of the areas which you believe are your strengths and where you could add value to an NSO’s high performance program;
- A brief outline of your general availability (e.g. only available for short projects, available for any length of engagement, not available until November 2019 etc.
* This opportunity will identify potential consultants for future projects. Should any piece of work meet the procurement threshold the appropriate Governments tender processes will be followed.