The impact of COVID-19 on educational institutions is changing rapidly.
If you are a student, keep yourself informed and look out for any email correspondence coming from your institution. Be mindful that information coming from mainstream media and social media relating to your university/TAFE may not be correct. Always check with official sources for reliable information.
Universities and TAFEs have set up information pages for the latest updates relevant to their students. The page links are located below.
The Elite Athlete Student Coordinators at your institution are there to assist you should you have any questions relating to your enrolment needs and/or study. This can be done via email or phone.
The contact details for your University/TAFE coordinator can be located at:
If the Elite Athlete Student Coordinator is not available and information is not available on the designated pages, please contact your course convenor if you need to discuss information relating to your course. If you are not currently aware of your course convenor, please prepare yourself now and source this information. The final option is to contact your university general phone number.
For more information regarding COVID-19 please see the following websites.
New South Wales
- Australian Catholic University
- Australian College of Physical Education
- Charles Sturt University
- Macquarie University
- Southern Cross University
- University of New England
- University of Newcastle
- General queries related to specific courses / subjects including practical placements. Please direct these to your lecturer or course coordinator.
- Administrative issues (credit transfer, study load, internal transfers or similar) – direct to your Program Advisor via ProgramAdvice@newcastle.edu.au. Make sure you use your student email account.
- Enrolment related queries (timetable changes for example) – email@example.com
- General support or advice if required (outside of those above) – Cheryl Burgess (Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Supporting documentation for adverse circumstances – use your current letter of verification and anything you have specific to your circumstance, as it applies. The current elite athlete program coordinator will not be available to provide specific supporting documentation or other assistance. When you submit an adverse circumstances application, the Enquiry Centre staff (who receive it initially) are able to verify your status as you have a ‘service indicator’ on your student record identifying you as a supported athlete.
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- Western Sydney University